OF COURSE I figured out Phantasmal Image by myself.
But I hadn’t figured it out at the point that I sent in my article, which went up on Tuesday on Star City. I in fact figured out Phantasmal Image before New York States, but ultimately decided against it because “I wasn’t a Sun Titan deck” … I was thinking more on the amount of value you get from having a Phantasmal Image in your deck, rather than the fact that you can Hero’s Demise someone with it (TM Brian Kibler)… Phantasmal Image kills Thrun, the Last Troll and Geist of St. Traft dead as doorknobs.
Obviously I would have loved to have a Phantasmal Image while losing to a U/W Humans deck to miss Top 8, in a matchup where almost everything but Geist of St. Traft was dead to my innumerable Shocks!
Anyway — You Make the Play!
… something fun with Phantasmal Image.
Phantasmal Image kills Legendary Creatures, dead.
- Opponent’s Life Total: 10
- Opponent’s Board: Two Honor the Pure, two 1/1 Spirits from Moorland Haunt (now 3/3)… six untapped mana including two Moorland Haunts and the ability to activate them.
- Opponent’s Hand: Nil
- Opponent’s Graveyard: Enough.
- Your Life Total: 26
- Your Board: Eight lands that can produce whatever you want, Druidic Satchel, Batterskull (with Living Weapon).
- Your Hand: Brimstone Volley, Brimstone Volley, Snapcaster Mage, Phantasmal Image.
- Your Graveyard: All of it; you can go crazy with that Snapcaster Mage for what you wish. Funny thing about this game, you have milled, Satchel’d, and drawn your way to your last card. You have this card Phantasmal Image to kill his Geists but one never showed up.
Can you win before he does?
Comments below, etc.
P.S. Still looks like a diaper…