In case you missed it, a long-awaited podcast with YT, Brian David-Marshall, and Steve Sadin is now up at MTGCast:
It took a couple of weeks to get up and onto the Internet due to some (admittedly understandable) stumbling blocks on the MTGCast side, so some of the discussion is a little dated [like whether Craterhoof Behemoth is good in Standard or not -- LOL]. But… hopefully Top8Magic fans will love it anyway. On deck is our Thanksgiving podcast that is, like, only one week old
Show notes I wrote /+ pilfered from MTGCast:
- A bunch of excuses as to why Mike and Brian started podcasting Podcasting in September… and then, you know, stopped.
- Brian is a big traitor that goes and hangs out on Limited Resources.
- Name dropping Brandon Sanderson (Mike — aka Fichael Mlores, Reality Bender — is the Brandon Sanderson superfan)
- Lots of stuff about Standard (“lots of” being “relative”)
- STAFF OF NIN! -Mike // Abrupt Decay? (“It probably isn’t good enough,” -Brian)
- Brian talks about baseball. Mike doesn’t know anything about baseball.
- Whew! Basketball! (“He doesn’t coach defense… AND he doesn’t coach offense!” -Sadin [Sadin appears])
- Talk about Magic some more (“… Guess you can play whatever you want” -Mike)
- Apparently Lingering Souls is bad in every format (Reid Duke is the nicest man in Magic)
- Mike, Brian, and Steve talk about some podcast they never put up where Steve turned out to be right about a bunch of stuff but you will never know for sure. Brian blames Will (not pictured) for saying “something unseemly”.
- What it’s REALLY like to do coverage. (gray hamburgers, “Brains! Brains!”)
- Shout out to Douglas Scheinberg (not actually in the podcast).
- Surprisingly, lots and lots of discussion about Legacy combo decks! (“lots and lots of” again being relative)
Stuff that you probably already know but is awesome to mention anyway:
Stuff Brian and especially Mike really really want you to buy (also awesome):
More this week!